A big part of scaling a business consists of tailored solutions and applications. Akeneo PIM helps you manage your product information in one place and distribute it to various channels, but it can also be customized to meet the singular objectives of every company. Our clients often ask us for custom module development. That’s why we decided to create a simple infographic introducing 5 functionalities that can be very valuable at every stage of your business.
Scroll down (and share!) our infographic. Here you’ll find some great knowledge.
Need more inspiration for your e-business? Contact us for personalized advice!
Heard of Macopedia's functionalities for Żabka and Selsey? Here they are!
1. Integration with NielsenIQ Brandbank
- Goodbye, Excel! You can finally get rid of multiple spreadsheets with hundreds or thousands of cells
- Say hello to a new digital experience! The module allows for creating a connection between the client and the producers to easily export product content
- Rescue your team from describing products, collecting qualitative data that are relevant to the end user (e.g. ingredients, nutritional facts, allergens, photos)
See how it works
We took advantage of the fact that a large part of Żabka's suppliers cooperate and share their data with Brandbank. Akeneo uses API to download product data from the data bank. As the next step, the data are imported to ERP of Żabka where a product life cycle begins. All you need is an EAN.
- You can promote digitization of resources and control logistic and quality information about products in a single place
- You can verify the technical parameters for completeness and correctness of product attributes
- Do you spend hours sending emails back and forth in order to get information about products or just to find a missing piece of data? Not anymore though! You can centralize communication around product content
2. Integration with Syndigo WiseBase
We integrated Akeneo with both Brandbank and WiseBase which supply Akeneo with product data. What makes them different? WiseBase is an alternative to Brandbank and provides Żabka with rich content about local products, unlike Brankdbank.
What else have we done?
- A special switch has been created that, depending on the manufacturer, connects to the specific data bank. If there is no information about the manufacturer in Brandbank, Akeneo switches to the WiseBase source and vice versa.
- Manually integrating large amounts of B2C data into your PIM is a thing of the past. We receive the complete set of data directly from the WiseBase database.
3. Akeneo Product Attributes Translator
- Free plugin available in the Akeneo Marketplace
- The extension uses the Google Cloud Translation API
Yes, you read it right! We have created a plugin for automatic translation of tens of thousands of product attributes from one channel and one language to the target channel and target locale. If you want to engage new customers abroad, you need that plugin! We have already registered 732 downloads!
Benefits of Akeneo Content Translator
- A well-known solution from Google
- Instant translation of tens of thousands of attributes into the selected language
- Full automation and update in your Akeneo environment
- Saving time and human resources
- Accelerated time-to-market
- Facilitated sales process in different markets and in different languages
Interested? You can download our plugin now
4. Transformation of a simple product into a variant product
Many systems that are integrated with PIM and supply it with data, do not have an extensive product structure. Every product is treated as a separate entry that has one main identifier (SKU), one set of features not associated with any other product. In this case, even if we have modeled in PIM that the products will be distinguished by color or size, the data still come from data source to PIM in a poor form as a flat list, i.e. each product is independent of each other.
Wouldn't it be nice if you could group products that have a set of common features in a model and define the structure? That's exactly what our functionality helps you with.
Why do you need this functionality?
Convert a simple product into a variant in just a few clicks! Product features will be all inherited during the transformation. For example, an armchair is a model, and below there are variants attached that are responsible for the description of the color.
Without this mechanism, it would take much longer to achieve the same effect. Imagine creating new entries, rewriting the values and removing the old products every time you want to offer a new variant of the same product in your e-commerce store.
5. Dynamic Variant Creation
- Let your users configure highly complex furniture items independently and personalize them according to their wishes and needs!
- Optimize sales process! Improve customer experience!
What value does it bring to the client?
Akeneo module puts customers in the front seat, giving them more choice. It exposes additional APIs thanks to which the client’s ERP can ask for creating a new product configuration. The variant is generated dynamically as it has not existed in your PIM so far. Simply put, when the customer finishes customizing a product to his exact specifications, it is added to PIM and receives its EAN number.